Stephen Marlow - Founder
Marlow Joined Toshiba’s electronic components business in 1980. Over the next 30 years, Marlow held ever-increasing responsibilities, spanning multiple disciplines. During this time, the company’s top-line grew a remarkable 375 times.
In the decade prior to his departure, Marlow held direct responsibility for 2 product divisions, 2 sales divisions, Quality Assurance, Quality Systems, Information Systems, Strategic Planning, Facilities and Office Services, Operations and Logistics, and Human Resources.
He retired from Toshiba in 2011, as the Executive Vice President overseeing the strategic direction and operational performance of the $4.5 billion America’s arm of one of the world’s largest semiconductor and electronic component manufacturers.
Since leaving Toshiba, Marlow co-founded Outcome Logic, Inc. (developer of risk and emergency management software solutions); co-founded Safety 4 Students (non-profit focused on providing educational products to enhance the preparedness and resiliency of school students); and founded C-Level Scenarios. Marlow also provides Advisory services to clients of the top knowledge brokers, Alphasights and Guidepoint Global.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Orange County Business Council
- Serving on multiple advisory board and executive committees at the University of California, Irvine.
- Chancellor’s CEO Roundtable
- Paul Merage School of Business
- Beall Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Center for Unconventional Security Affairs
An advocate of micro-financing, Marlow actively supports Heifer International and Kiva.
During his 35 year career, Marlow has developed operational and management expertise in the following areas:
- Advertising & Public Relations
- Establishing New Business Entities
- Financial Planning
- Information Systems
- Logistics & Warehousing
- MBA Candidate Mentoring
- Operational Downsizing
- Operations Management
- Organizational modeling
- Project Management
- Purchasing & Supply Chain
- Quality Systems/Six Sigma
- Strategic Marketing
- Customer Service & Satisfaction
- Facilities Management & Office Services
- Human Resources
- Inventory Management
- Manufacturing Planning
- New Product Development
- Operational Expansion
- Order Processing & Management
- Product Marketing & Engineering
- Profit & Loss Management
- Quality Assurance
- Strategic Planning